Since the book of Revelation is the revealing or revelation of Jesus Christ, at least that what it says right at the beginning of the book, I took a challenge to find Jesus in every single chapter of Revelation. He is all over the book of Revelation so I won’t mention everything I found. But here are some highlights. Hopefully you’ll see how amazing our God is!
- Jesus is coming again! Rev. 1:7
- Jesus lived, he died, and he’s alive forevermore.
- Jesus holds the keys of death and hell. Rev. 1:18
- Jesus is the first and last. He died and came to life again. Rev. 2:8
Jesus gives many promises to those who overcome. These are just some of them:
- Eating from the tree of life. Rev. 2:7
- Having a crown of life. Rev. 2:10
- Not being hurt by the second death. Rev. 2:11
- Jesus is holy and true. Rev. 3:7
And my favorite:
- Jesus stands at the door of your heart and knocks. If you open your heart to him, He will come in and eat with you (Rev. 3:20). He’s such a gentleman! He will never force his way in.
- He is worthy to receive glory and honor and power. Rev. 4:11
- Why? One reason He is worthy is because he created all things as the verse says.
- Jesus is the Lamb that was slain and has redeemed us by his blood. Rev. 5:9
This just means Jesus has bought us out of slavery to sin. He has paid the death penalty for our sins. The wages of sin is death. But God gives us the gift of eternal life through Jesus. Rom. 6:23 Now, that’s a gift I accept with gladness!
- Jesus shows his wrath. The people of earth hide themselves in dens and rocks and cry to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb.” Rev. 5:15-16
This might sound a bit scary, and it is, if you have turned Jesus away. But it’s also an answer to many people’s prayers. Earlier the prayers of the saints are crying to God asking how long will it be before you judge these wicked people of the world and avenge our blood. Rev. 6:10
Have you ever wondered when God is going to finally do something about all the bad things that evil people do. Can they just get away with that stuff forever? The answer is here. Vengeance is mine; says the Lord. Rom 12:19
- Jesus, the Lamb of God, gives us salvation. Rev. 7:10
- Jesus washes our sins away. He washes our robes and makes them white. Rev. 7:14
Read Isaiah 1:18-20 to see what that means.
If you’re curious about white robes, you can find some clues here: Rev. 7:9 Isa. 61:10 Dan. 12:10